Re: ecos performance

Stijn Symons wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> were still trying to speed up things with are Java VM on eCos. We've got
> it a little faster, but still it's significantly slower than embedded
> linux. Our question is: we use queue's and memory pools heavily. The
> pool is +/- 15 Mb and the queue's are used to zip/unzip all the class
> files.
>
> Is it possible that it could be these that slow down the program?

Not intrinsically - but maybe the *way* your using them is the problem
(e.g. a zillion 1 byte allocs and frees etc. :-)).

We've been developing profiling technology (with gprof) for some customers,
but it won't be used with eCos apps (it's to do with other apps loaded via
RedBoot). This is probably the type of thing you need to have developed to
work out what's happening.