Re: "simulator" configuration

umesh jaiswal wrote:

> I have Arm9 simulator [Developers suite] ,I want to
> configure my ecos for
> Arm9 simulator.As ecos hal supports Arm's proccessors,
> Can I configure ecos over Arm9 simulator? if yes?
>  How should I proceed for that ?

You would need to port eCos to it in the same way as you'd port to a real
board. No-one has done a port to that simulator yet.

People have simulated an ARM7 PID board using SID (
http://sources.redhat.com/sid ) if that helps.

> Second, Can I use i386 simulator instead of i386
> board,if so is it possible to debuge my application on that simulator?

This has the same problem as the ARM.

It might be better to investigate the linux synthetic target as an
alternative, as Andrew Lunn was suggesting.