Re: problems with hello ecos world

Subject: Re: [ECOS] problems with hello ecos world

> > Have I missed something or is there an other way??
>
> Yes, you should make a *new* build directory and configure eCos for RAM
> startup. Link you application against that library, not the one used for
> RedBoot.

from the maps of the previous redboot build for rom , and the application
build only for ram , it would appear that there would not be enough ram to
hold  redboot executable , the ram it requires ,the application and its ram
requirement. Using the flash to store & execute redboot & library creates a
speed penalty but (on this particular board) there is plenty of flash
compared to ram. If at all possible , i would prefer to use the flash
ressource for execution of redboot(at least for small ram footprints).

Currently , i suspect that there are 2 possibilities to achieve this :
1-     include the names and addresses in the linker script for the
references that are in flash (probably requires a script)
2-    use the -R filename option for the linker that links the application
where the filename is the redboot build in flash (yet to get this working)

thanks

Henri