Re: Redboot & SA1110 configuration

Gary Thomas wrote:
> The basic memory layout details are contained in those files.  This layout
> is described by the MLT (memory layout tool), but that's only available with
> our old ConfigTool (Windows only).  For now, the best thing is to simply
> clone existing files and modify the contents manually.  In particular the
> only files you absolutely have to change are the .ldi (linker file) and
> the .h (include file).

many thanks Gary.

For information, I also had to modify :
* packages/hal/arm/sa11x0/assabet/current/src/assabet_misc.c : for MMU
sections
* packages/hal/arm/sa11x0/assabet/current/include/hal_platform_setup.h :
for SDRAM controller settings

one thing : for Linux kernel to discover the full size of RAM available,
I have to append mem=64M to the command line.
Is this normal as redboot propoerly detected the full 64MB ?

now, next stage : creating a new directory for my board and stop hacking
into assabet's directory ;-)

Eric