RE: eCos simulator

It depends to what degree you are trying to simulate.

The Linux synthetic target simulates a 'real' target environment under
Linux, but code is compiled to run native and devices are emulated. This is
available 'out-of-the-box' as part of the eCos package.

Alternatively, you could use a more comprehensive simulator like SID
(http://sources.redhat.com/sid/). This simulates real hardware right down to
the processor. There are emulations for boards like the ARM PID available,
so you could then build your application using eCos for the ARM PID
environment and simulate it down to processor cycle level using SID.

Perhaps I should also add that I have never actually used either; I only
have knowledge of their existence.

Robert Cragie, Design Engineer
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT,  UK
www.jennic.com  Tel: +44 (0) 114 281 2655