Re: floppy, malloc, "heap2"

"David N. Welton" wrote:
> but I'm using Linux to set up my system, and there is no "Memory
> layout Tool".  I have a suspicion that the file to fool around with
> is:
>
> ecos/packages/hal/i386/pc/current/include/pkgconf/mlt_i386_pc_floppy.mlt
>
> because it's the only non-auto generated one (or so it would appear
> from the lack of comments to that affect).

You could change that file, but AFAIK, the only thing that uses it is
the memory layout tool which you don't have...

I've never used the memory layout tool myself, but it looks like when
you save your changes there, it writes them to the .mlt files and also
generates the .ldi file from that. The eCos Makefiles then turn the .ldi
into target.ld.

So I'd change the .ldi file and ignore the "generated file" comments in
there - as long as you don't use the memory layout tool, you changes
shouldn't get lost.

Martin