Re: ethernet performance <TCPIP guru question>

On Thursday, 25. April 2002 03:39, Gary Thomas wrote:
> I've tested TCP operations with eCos, using 100Mb interfaces, and I get
> transfer rates of around 8Mbytes/sec (Linux host, sending data to an
> eCos application which simply sinks the data).

Which platform did you use? I have done the same with eCos on a Celeron 400
MHz with 82559 ethernet card and have the same performance.
But on an ARM7TDMI 50 MHz board (SNDS 100) with also 100 MBit I get only 600
kByte/s. Is this because of the slower processor or does is there problem?

Maybe somebody have allthough experience ARM7TDMI and 100 MBit ethernet and
could tell me which max. data transfer rate he have?

Thanks,

Roland