Hardware templates and devices.

I'm using the windows configuration tool to create an eCos build for our
board.  The board is similar to an at91/EB40 but not identical.  I guess I'm
a little (what an understatement) confused about the modular nature of the
configuration process.  If I start with the at91 as a template, then when I
want to add a package like the CS8900 ethernet chip it tells me I need to
define a new template.  However if I define a new template and want to use
the at91/EB40 serial device then it requires the CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_AT91 macro
to be defined.  But it won't be defined unless the at91 template is
selected.  But my template defines CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_CTA (CTA = CoreTec Arm).
If my target is close to an at91, then should I use the CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_AT91
definition for my template as well or will this just confuse the
configuration tool (I'm guessing the later).

John Anderson
Coretec Communications