at91 serail drivers.

Why are (if they are) the Atmel at91 serial drivers hardwired to the EB40
evaluation board?  Any board which uses the Atmel at91 processor should be
able to use the at91 serial driver but the CDL file says it is only active
if the CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_AT91 macro is defined.  So the CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_AT91
macro is basically the AT91 package which seems inseparable from the EB40
target due to the ram/rom memory map declarations.  If I'm reading this
right then it isn't possible to use the AT91 definition for any board other
than the EB40 eval unit.  This hardly seems like a modular configuration to
force support for a particular processor to a specific board.

Am I on the right track here or am I missing something in the translation?

John Anderson
Coretec Communications
(407) 331-0547