Issue regarding RedBoot for i386 ..

Hello world.
As I mentioned earlier, I was unable to create a network aware  RedBoot
bootable floppy  for i386 since I was unable to hard-code a static IP into
RedBoot.

Thanks to the replies to my query regarding the same, I realised that I would
have to explicitly disable BOOTP and DHCP queries in order for my static IP
to be used.

.I managed to side step the issue to my advantage and use DHCP for obtaining
an IP dynamically by setting up a DHCP server on a machine on the LAN and
stipulating a DHCPserver <-> RedBoot Host relationship in the DHCP config in
an appropriate manner.

Thanks for the tips Garry.

Now here is my current problem.
I have compiled a simple hello world app on the synthetic Linux target by
linking it with the libtarget.a library created for the i386. By default, the
binary generated was in an ELF format and so attempts to remotely load it
into the remote RedBoot host failed (since ELF images are not supported).

Being at a loss as to what binary format was supported, I grepped through the
RedBoot code and learnt that the SREC format was supported. So I used objcopy
to convert the ELF image to an SREC image. This is accepted by RedBoot over
the network, but when I execute it, it results in trash output.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks.
Robin.