RedBoot without serial

Hi all,

This may be a simple question, but I haven't been able to figure it out for
a few days now. Is it possible to run RedBoot without a serial port?

I have one board with both serial and ethernet. RedBoot runs fine, and I can
Telnet to it at port 9000. I have another board with no serial port--just
ethernet. My build of RedBoot for this board gets up to the part where it
does the command line prompt, but I can't ping the board or connect via
Telnet. I am defining the virtual vector and GDB stub defines the same as
with the first board, except that I am setting
CYGNUM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_COMM_CHANNELS to 0 instead of 1. I have also tried
simply running the RedBoot code for the first board on the second, but it
still doesn't ping.

The whole virtual vector setup is confusing because it seems to only apply
to serial ports. Maybe I am just misreading it. Please enlighten me.

Thanks a bunch,
Jer