Re: REDIRECT CONSOLE

--- max <maxrtos@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Gary Thomas <gthomas@redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2002-05-10 at 09:07, max wrote:
> > > I have built redboot, it boots up find. Only
> > problem
> > > is
> > > the console is set to screen.(channel number 2).
> > > want
> > > redirect the console to my serial port, which
> file
> > > should I change?
> >
> > Actually you don't have to do anything - just use
> > the serial port
> > before [or instead of] using the screen/keyboard.
> > RedBoot will
> > pick up on which port you are using and make it be
> > the "console".
> My target does not have a screen. I just try my
> Redboot
> on my PC. I does not show up when I use it for my
> real
> target (pc target) through serial.
> Max

Just more information on this. I did not have this
problem
before using the precompiled Redboot, which is much
older than the source files I have right now.

For those familiar with this, the fellowing is the
logo (look the time stamp) with the old version, for
which I did not have problem on
console on the serial port.

I would like know where are possible files I should
look at.

RedBoot(tm) bootstrap and debug environment - built
05:37:52, Jun  8 2001

Platform: PC (I386)
Copyright (C) 2000, 2001, Red Hat, Inc.

RAM: 0x00000000-0x000a0000, 0x0007c080-0x000a0000
available