Regarding eCos

Hi ,
I am new to eCos. I have studied eCos but not in complete detail. I want to
use eCos for my new project. I need your help.
I have got one basic doubt regarding eCos.
What are the compiler dependencies for eCos ? Is it GNU(or any other
complier) specific ? (something like newlib)
If I want to use my own tool chain to build eCos can I do that easily.?
If eCos has got some compiler dependencies is it possible to remove them ?
If 'Yes' where can I find a document describing removal of the compiler
dependencies of eCos ?

Thanx in advance,
Looking forward for your help,
Warm regards,