Re: How to generate map file

On Mon, 2002-05-20 at 07:54, Deli Geng (David) wrote:
> Are you sure? It seems that function disappeared from CT2. At least I didn't
> find it last time when I was using CT2.

Version 2 of the ConfigTool does not have the Memory Layout Tool (MLT)
functionality (we intend to provide that separately, but it's not ready
yet).  The MLT will only give you an idea of the memory layout in
general.  If you want to see how your application actually is laid out
in memory, use the "generate memory map" options to the link step when
building.  Add these options to the final command (the one which builds
the eCos application):
  -Wl,-Map -Wl,ecos.map
This will generate a very detailed memory map in the file "ecos.map"