Re: Run application question

David N. Welton wrote:

> Francesco Regazzoni <fregazzo@erasmus.cdc.polimi.it> writes:
>

>>Dear anyone,
>>
>>I compiled hello.c (ECOS is the directory of kernel for an i386 target):
>>
>>- SRCS=file.c DST=file build_Makefile ECOS
>>- make
>>
>>Then I have an executable file hello.
>>
>>Is it possible make a bootable disk and run it directly?
>>

> If you made it as a floppy target, and in Linux, you have done
> something like this:
>
> objcopy -O binary hello hello.bin
>
> then you can copy hello.bin to the floppy, doing something like cp
> hello.bin /dev/fd0 (or use dd if you like obscure commands).
>
> Ciao,

What I have to do "to make it as a floppy target"?

I build eCos with this:

ecosconfig -v new pc
ecosconfig tree
make

Then I compiled hello.c and I used objcopy to have a binary, but it
isn't bootable.

Then I tried to use:
ecosconfig -v new pc stubs
ecosconfig tree
make

then I compiled hello.c and I used objcopy to have binary: I tryed to
reboot, but I can see only some points in the top of screen (like a
progress bar), but then it crashes.

Where's the error?

Thanks for help
Francesco