Re: scanf with floppy startup ?

umesh jaiswal wrote:

> hello all..
>
> Every thing for my application with RAM startup is
> working fine including scanf(), gets() etc, for i386
> pc but when the same application is build for floppy
> startup scanf(),gets()and other input functions are
> not working any how. Control never stop to take the
> input at these function .As Redboot which work fine
> for any input functions ,I think uses some other
> machanism to take input .
> What modification I have to do in my configuration so
> that it should work for floppy startup .

How are you trying to talk to it? Screen? Serial? RedBoot will listen on
all ports and then latch on to the one it gets any input on. However an app
booted straight from floppy will only listen to the default, which for a PC
is the first serial port. You can change that with the
CYGNUM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_CONSOLE_CHANNEL CDL option.