Re: [ecos-announce-owner@sources.redhat.com: Returned postfor ecos-announce@sources.redhat.com]

On Fri, 2002-05-24 at 06:33, Dan Field wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having a small problem loading a kernel into RedBoot. I have one that works but sadly there is no documentation on how it was created (sh4 cross compiled).
>
> [root@bertha tftpboot]# file vmlinuz.works
> vmlinuz.works: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Hitachi SH, version 1, statically linked, not stripped
> [root@bertha tftpboot]# file vmlinux
> vmlinux: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Hitachi SH, version 1, statically linked, not stripped
> [root@bertha tftpboot]#
>
> THey both appear to be identical to me but I get the following problems when I try and load the second one:
>
> RedBoot> load -m TFTP netboot
> load_elf_image aborted: seek: attempt to seek backward
>
> can anyone shed some light on what this means and how It might have happened (what did I miss out)

Probably the easiest way around this problem would be to convert your
image - either to Motorola S-records or pure binary.  RedBoot should
then be able to load it (albeit maybe a bit slower) without problems.

  sh-elf-objcopy -O srec vmlinux vlinux.srec
-or-
  sh-elf-objcopy -O binary vmlinux vmlinux.bin