Re: Problems with eCos 2.0 tests for viper

On Wed, 2002-05-29 at 20:49, Paul Randall wrote:

> I tried to run the ftp_test (which built successfully) using Insight,
> but once the test was downloaded to the viper, nothing happened.  There
> was no diagnostic output on Insight's console, and execution did not
> stop at any breakpoints I set.  I also tried the ping_test which did
> nothing as well.  These tests worked with the pre-2.0 version of eCos
> (although ftp_test took a long time to complete - about 90 seconds,
> which is why I'm trying to get Version 2.0 working).  I did notice a
> difference in the way ftp_test was downloaded to the viper.  When I was
> running with the pre-2.0 version of eCos, the Start address was 0x20000
> and the load size was 497836.  With eCos 2.0, the load address is now
> 0x40000 and the load size is 289500.  Could this be preventing the
> program from executing?

Did you upgrade your RedBoot?  If not, please do so as a lot has changed
as you can see.

We've been testing this updated Viper support here in our testfarm for
about two months now, running on average more than 800 tests per day,
with no troubles.  Of course, we are running the latest RedBoot (as well
as eCos code), so that's what we'd suggest you try.