Re: Overriding CYGARC_REG_IMM_BASE

On Thu, 2002-06-06 at 04:43, Pierre Merlin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to port eCos on a custom mpc860 based board and I'm new both to
> eCos and to PowerPC architectures...
>
> Here is a simple, silly coding style question.
>
> I need to give CYGARC_REG_IMM_BASE another value than the one in var_regs.h.
> The problem is that if I #define CYGARC_REG_IMM_BASE in a plf_regs.h, I must
> either
>  * include it directly in every file that includes ppc_regs.h, after the
> latter, and have it undefine then redefine CYGARC_REG_IMM_BASE (not very
> satisfactory  :-S), or
>  * include it from var_regs.h, and enclose var_regs' #define into the #ifdef
> ... #endif scheme suggested in the doc. That's what I've done for the moment
> but I am reluctant to modify such variant or architecture files, and
> wondering why this IMM_BASE has not been planned configurable.

Just an oversight, based on the fact that either we were in charge
(RedBoot) or we were being compatible with supported hardware (MBX).

The best way to solve this is to have var_regs.h include plf_regs.h if
one such exists and let that file (plf_regs.h) override any defaults
found in var_regs.h

Maybe you want to create a patch for this?