Re: Atmel EB40A eval board SRAM confusion

On Sat, 8 Jun 2002, Tim Drury wrote:

> I just got an EB40A (not EB40) board.  According to the docs the onboard
> SRAM is not there by default from the factory - only footprints in which to
> add your own.  However, mine has two Alliance AS7C34096 (512Kx8) srams
> on board.  Lucky?  Not sure sure.  They are supposedly mapped to
> 0x02000000, but gdb gives "RDI_read: data abort, no memory at specified
> address?" error.
>
> I did a sanity check with gdb to be sure it was working and was able to
> read/write to the PIO registers to turn the LEDs on and off.  Obviously
> the eCOS EB40 target.ld _should_ work since it is trying to load the
> image at 0x02000000 but I get an RDI_write error when I initially load
> an image.  I'm using Angel right now, I haven't attempted RedBoot yet.
>
> I've emailed Atmel asking about the SRAM, but I was wondering if anyone
> else on the list has the EB40A and has working SRAM on board.  Is there
> anything else I can try to get access to the SRAM?  Has anyone with the
> EB40 had same or similar problems?

Tim,

I just got my EB40 (not EB40A) yesterday and I did not see this error. On
the EB40 there is a strap (LK1) to select the size of RAM. You may wish to
check verify that (or the EB40A equivalent jumper) is set correctly.
Also, can you probe around other parts of the RAM with gdb (or Angel) to
find where the RAM really resides?  I know, it's the blind leading the
blind, but I'm getting an EB40A shortly too...

Scott