Re: AT91EB40 and RedBoot

Hi Scott,

Redboot is by default configured at 38400, so that what You should be using.

One tip worth checking; After downloading and starting the Redboot via
the GDB using the Angel RDI protocol over the serial port, you need to
close the gdb application in order for the OS to recognize that the
serial port is released (at least that goes for my somewhat older
gdb/insight build). If You dont close it, or kill it with some SIGKILL
signal, it won't properly release the serial, causing minicom to be
unable to get working communication over the serial port.

Another thought: check that the minicom serial settings have both
software- and hardware handshake turned off.

Good luck! /Kjell
--
Kjell Svensson Embedded Technology Manager
Techtribe Solutions AB Tel: +46 (0)31 706 06 00