Re: AT91EB40 and RedBoot

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, Tim Drury wrote:

> I must be having similar problems to Scott.  I tried doing ctrl-z after
> uploading and (c)ontinuing redboot from gdb.  When minicom comes
> up I see nothing.  I assume you are doing 'minicom -o' which skips past
> modem initialization.  Instead of ctrl-z should I completely exit gdb?
> What kind of feedback are you supposed to get from the EB40 to confirm
> you are talking to RedBoot?  The 'RedBoot>' prompt?

Tim,

I strongly suspect that the RedBoot binary is corrupted in some way. The
"corruption" may be due to a change in the EB40 evaluation board. My
board, btw, is an EB40 V2.0 (rev sticker on the flash). I've grabbed the
latest ECOS code from CVS and am planning to rebuild the RedBoot portion
for the EB40 board.

oh, and to answer your questions, I started minicom with the -o option. I
also invoked gdb without the Insight gui, gdb -nw.

Since we're in the same boat in this one, let's work together and get the
problem solved.

Scott