Re: AT91EB40 and RedBoot

On 10 Jun 2002, Gary Thomas wrote:

> Have you tried typing commands?  RedBoot isn't going to just print
> something when you connect with minicom - those bits have long vanished
> into the air...

Like Tim, I too tried the obvious and typed the commands. There's
something incompatible between the redboot images in CVS and the EB40 eval
board.

So I decided to rebuild the redboot images. Unfortunately, the latest gcc
chokes. So I went back to 2.95.2 with the ecos-gcc-2952.patch. This at
least compiles the redboot code cleanly. And, more importantly, the
downloaded image shows some sign of life.

Now the symptom I have is that minicom spews garbage as I type characters.
The obvious problem is that the baud rate is wrong. Unfortunately, I tried
*every* baud rate in addition to the 38.4K 8N1. It almost suggests that
the Evaluation board is using a non-standard baud rate. Hmm. It's time to
hook up the scope... (unless of course, someone can point out what's
obviously wrong!).

Scott