Re: [GRATUITOUS SUBJECT-OBSCURING NOISE] Anyone using JFFS2 successfully

Tim_Dieterman@inter-tel.com.com said:
>  I am wondering if anyone is using JFFS2 from the version 1.3.1 tree
> and if there are any problems.  Is the 2.0 code any better?

> I have run/modified the test code. I can create/copy/compare some
> short files but, when I enable the "churning" for loop, I get through
> about 80 iteratations, then I seem to run out of memory - memory leak?
>  If it continues to run, I start getting "no space on device".  I know
> there is a disclaimer about garbage collection not quite up to snuff
> in this version.

I wasn't aware that there _was_ any JFFS2 code in the 1.3.1 tree. Certainly
the symptoms you describe were present in the original eCos port from 3G Lab
-- it would never actually trigger garbage collection. I fixed it in the
code I worked on, which I _believe_ went into the 2.0 tree.

Now that 2.0 is out, with the licence change in place, we can merge the eCos
support into the master JFFS2 tree -- but the JFFS2 code has moved on since
the eCos port was last up to date, and there will be a small amount of work
required to make it build again.

--
dwmw2