Redboot FIS directory block padding

Hi,

I just posted a patch to ecos-patches@sources.redhat.com that
removes the padding bytes from RedBoot FIS directory entries.
Currently, every such block is padded to a size of 256 bytes,
probably in anticipation of the the FIS directory spanning multiple
flash blocks. However, the RedBoot code limits the FIS directory
to just one flash block, so padding does not do any good. Since the
flash on our platform (Atmel EB40) has tiny blocks of size 256 bytes,
this means there can only one FIS directory entry, which is pretty
useless. Even if RedBoot were changed to allow the FIS directory to
span multiple flash blocks, I would still consider this kind of padding
unacceptably wasteful. After all, size without padding is just 44 bytes.

tk
Thomas Koeller, Software Development

Basler Vision Technologies
An der Strusbek 60-62