something unclear about CVS

Hello,

I should use the CVS earlier!! thanks a lot, Gary.
After I use CVS , I have something unclear.

1. ecos / net /  snmp ??
 After I execute "cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/ecos -z 6 co -P ecos"
, there is a /pckages/net folder in my directly

Why should I continue to execute "cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/ecos -z 6 co -P ecos" ? I see this still update the /packages/net.
what is the difference between this two net?

2. After all update finished (ecos, net , snmp), how do I know which version I use currently? Use the ConfigTool, the version is always "current"
I know I can check ChangeLog, but each sub folder have their own ChangeLog file, is that the only way to check?

Best Regards,
Peter