Re: Redboot: "load -m xmodem" command

On Sat, 2002-06-22 at 01:07, Mike A wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I Redbooted my ATLAS(MIPS 4Kc) board. Then at the console prompt "Redboot>"
> (on Windows Hypertermial) I typed in the command to load the RAM image "load
> -m xmodem". Then I select Transfer->Send file (on Hyperterminal). with the
> following options I then click OK,
>
> Protocol: Xmodem
> file:
> C:\myrep\examples\t\t_install\tests\io\wallclock\current\tests\wallclock.srec
>
> The file does not get download...
>
> Even before I start sending from the PC, I see a lot of 'C' being sent from
> Redboot in response to "load -m xmodem"
>
> I even tried with ymodem.. I wasn't sucessful
>
> Any clue??

The most probable cause is that HAL_DELAY_US() isn't working properly.
The way to check is run the same command (load -m xm) and don't try to
start the transfer.  You should see a string of "C" characters, but they
should only come out at a rate of one every 3 or 4 seconds.  Any faster
says that the HAL_DELAY_US() macro is broken.

If this is the case, try and fix it and rebuild RedBoot.

As always, if you make changes, it would be nice to pass them back to
the project.