Re: Help! Why can't login cvs?

On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 03:14, gu xm wrote:
> I have installed cvs client and python2.2.
> But I can't login cvs.
>
> Output display as following:
> cvs -z9 login
> Logging in to
> :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:2401/cvsroot
> cvs [login aborted]: connect to
> sources.redhat.com(sources.redhat.com):2401 failed: A
> connection attempt failed because the connected party
> did not properly respond after a period of time, or
> established connection failed because connected host
> has failed to respond.
>
> *****CVS exited normally with code 1*****

Your previous message indicated that you are behind a firewall, thus
you probably can't get through to this service.

Try picking up a snapshot. You can get a snapshot of eCos v2.0 (alpha),
which includes RedBoot, from:
  ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/ecos/anoncvs/ecos-v2-alpha-snap.tar.bz2
or
  http://www.chez-thomas.org/gary/ecos-v2-alpha-snap.tar.bz2

note: sending multiple messages with the same content does not
necessarily improve your chances to get a speedy answer (in fact, it may
have the opposite effect).  Remember that this discussion list is purely
a volunteer effort - no one is being paid to answer questions :-)