RE: malloc vs. new

On 24 Jun 2002, Gary Thomas wrote:

> Is your platform an EB40 or EB40A?

I have both, but for the moment I was targeting the EB40 since eCos works
"out of the box" for it. Ultimately, I'll target my own platform which
will be different than both of these, but more similar to the EB40A (e.g.
I plan on using the 40008).

> The "proper" way is to define a new platform.  This can be much the same
> as an extant one, in fact, all that might be different is the mlt_*
> files.  Look at the (ARM) Cirrus Logic edbxxx platforms.  One platform
> HAL is used for 4 different boards (platforms).

Great! I look into a EB40a mlt_* version, (assuming Tim hasn't done one
already).

Thanks,
Scott