Re: fconfig in redboot (i386)

On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 21:06, Robby Ku wrote:
> Hi,
>   Thanks for the fast reply to my doubts. So, it has
> to be a writable FLASH memory in order to execute both
> commands. I am not sure if my target PC has a writable
> Flash memory coz i am using a SBC with compact flash.
> Anyhow Gary, you said that i can load files using load
> command, which i cant seem to do it. How exactly do
> you load a file?? This is how I tried to load a file,
> say redboot.bin
>
>  load -h host_ipaddr -m TFTP -b base_addr redboot.bin
>
> After i entered the above command, i always get the
> message unable to load "redboot.bin"

This command tells RedBoot to try and load a file, using a
network connection to some host computer via the TFTP protocol.
  * Is your computer "host_ipaddr" running a TFTP server?
  * Does it see the request coming from the target PC?
  * Is the file 'redboot.bin' present on the TFTP server?

These are the sort of "setup" considerations which you need
to take for this to function.