Re: serial port ARM e7t problem

On Wednesday, 17. July 2002 06:26, Ravi Kumar B S wrote:
> The Samsung microcontroller has a DMA controller with it. the UART can be
> configured to work along with the UART chip. This is called DMA mode of the
> UART chip. With this you can configure to get the interrupt after certian
> number of bytes are received instead of single byte interrupt.

Has anybody tried to do this?
I thinked about it, but I haven't found a way to get an interrupt after a
timeout like a FIFO does. A UART with FIFO generates an interrupt after
reaching the triggerlevel or if it received less characters after an timeout.
Without something like this I will never notify if there are characters but
the DMA buffer isn't full.
Although there is nothing like a triggerlevel. If the UART gets the last
character fitting in the DMA-Buffer the interrupt happens and I have to copy
the buffer and restart the DMA before the next character is coming.
So I have the same chance to loose a character.

Roland