Re: make tests compile error for eb40

On Wed, 2002-07-17 at 08:56, Tim Drury wrote:

> On Wednesday 17 July 2002 10:37 am, Gary Thomas wrote:
> > Don't try to 'make tests' using a RedBoot configuration.  The tests only
> > make sense when you are building a more generic eCos environment.
>
> Okay - makes sense.  I noticed my fatal mistake - I was importing
> redboot_RAM.ecm which uses the redboot template.  I copied this
> ecm file and removed the reboot template and cdl_options for
> redboot fis and flash.  Then I re-ran 'make tests' and everything
> compiled.  Does this sound like a suitable solution?  I really need
> to delve into the cdl guide further.

Alternatively, you can build a simple eCos environment by just:
  % ecosconfig new eb40
  % ecosconfig tree
  % make; make tests

> Also, are the tests self-explanatory (i.e. when run will I know if they
> passed?) or is there some docs somewhere that describe the pass/fail
> conditions of each test?  The 'Getting Started' guide only described
> how to build the tests.

The tests are designed for an automated execution environment.  They
will print messages to the console - either PASS or FAIL, along with
some informative information, as appropriate.