RE: Want to write a new device driver.

Firstly, I would like to point out some unwritten etiquette guidelines:

1) Please take the time and effort to read the manuals before posting to the
list. The answer to your question is in the eCos Reference Manual here:

http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/ref/ecos-ref.e.html

2) If you do not find the answer in the manuals, and you think the question
has been asked many times before, the chances are the answer is already in
the mailing list archive. You can search this here:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/

3) If you do not get an answer from the mailing list immediately, do not
keep sending the same question again and again. It often appears that
questions which do not get answered can be easily answered by following the
two general guidelines above.

If you follow guidelines (1) and (2), you will probably find your answer
before having to post to this list. Also any (more pertinent) questions you
still have will generally be received better by the other contributors to
this list and, more importantly, the eCos developers.

So please take the effort to spend some time up front in understanding eCos.

Robert Cragie, Design Engineer
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT,  UK
www.jennic.com Tel: +44 (0) 114 281 2655