Re: Driver can't set multi-cast mode

On Friday 19 July 2002 14:39, Gary Thomas wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-07-19 at 05:14, Iztok Zupet wrote:
> > Hi
> > what does it mean?
>
> New driver interfaces (APIs) were introduced with the FreeBSD
> stack which support multi-casting addresses.  You only need
> this if you want to run IPv6 or multi-cast for IPv4.
>
> Look at the i82559 driver for an example of how to add this
> to your driver.  (I know that it's not yet been added to
> the NS driver I think you use)

I cloned the PCnet driver into a vmWare compatible. The network tests work
there, except for the message, which is in fact the same on the NS driver.

The problem arises when triing to debug accross the same network interface. I
guess that somekind of IP and MAC multicast must be enabled so that RedBoot
and the application networking can use the same interface.

If the multicast feature is needed for GDB, I'll try to implement it in the
vmWare driver first (after the hollydays if not this weekend).

Thanks
iz