Re: making and running tests

On Friday 19 July 2002 11:22 am, Iztok Zupet wrote:
> On Friday 19 July 2002 17:11, Tim Drury wrote:
> > I must be doing something wrong.  I'm trying to build and run the tests
> > for the eb40a port I've done.  To build the tests I do:
> >
> > ecosconfig new eb40a
> > ecosconfig tree
> > make ; make tests
> >
> > Looking at hal/common/current/tests I see 'basic' is 1.14MB.
> > When I build redboot it's only 1/4 that size.  Why is basic so
> > large?
> >
> > When I try to load and run it nothing happens.  And that brings
> > me to another question.  I'm loading it using redboot in the ROMRAM
> > configuration.  But don't I have to load the test image at the base
> > of RAM?  Isn't redboot running there?  Should I be relocating the
> > image to free ram?
> >
> > Couldn't find much on this in the docs or mailing list archives.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > -tim
>
> If You are using RedBoot in ROMRAM then You must build the test images for
> RAM only (Look at the RAM ldi files if they have the correct free ram
> address there).
> And Your tests must not override the RedBoot virtual vectors e.g. "work
> with rom monitor"  must be checked.
>
> Regards
> iz

This is where I'm confused.  I'm not using windows so I don't have the nice
GUI tool - how do I specify to build for RAM?  Should I create my own .ecm
file and import that before creating the tree?  I did an objdump of 'basic'
and it appeared to have RAM addresses.

I found this in the redboot ecm file:

cdl_option CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR {
    inferred_value 0 0
};

I assume this is the value you are talking about.  Should I set
it to 'uservalue 1' ?

-tim