Re: remote debugging

On Mon, 2002-07-22 at 10:34, Vinayak P Risbud wrote:
>         Hi,
>             I am trying to use remote debugging using LAN (Tcp/Ip) on
> Redboot
>             What I understood till now is,
>                     1.  the main polls net_io_test function during idle
> time
>                     2.  The function net_io_test checks for
>                                         tcp_sock.state == _ESTABLISHED
>                     3.   If established, the control calls
> net_io_assume_console
>                          to setup debug channel.

More than that - at this point, all "console" I/O to RedBoot now goes
through the TCP/IP connection.

>                 But,  after this, how the flow goes,  I am not able to
> trace.
>                 my gdb client on remote PC sends $Hc-1#09 command,
>                 over tcp/ip link.
>                 I am not able to trace, where and how exactly this gdb
>                 command is read and processed (i.e trap is generated ?)

As soon as RedBoot sees a "$" at the start of a command line, it
switches to GDB (via a call to 'breakpoint()').  This happens whether
you are using serial or network I/O.  GDB will then continue to use the
network connection for it's I/O to the target device.