Re: eb40a target submitted

Well I reported the that the ~1meg elf file wouldn't
load for me either. Now it it works. :) I have no idea
why now since I havn't changed my tools other than get-
ting the 7-20 source image.
I'm using a EB40 (non A) with stock RAM and an EPI
Jeeni JTAG box over ethernet. Insight 5.1, gcc 3.02

Greg

image is not runnable
first.  Here is how

>> > What's the problem?  What errors are you getting?
>> >
>> > If arm-elf-objcopy can read the file, GDB should
be able to as well,
>> > since they use the same library for reading ELF
images.

>> It's not gdb reading it, it's redboot.  Redboot
(ROMRAM) appears
>> to load the elf image, but 'g' does nothing.
Looking at my (kick ass!)
>> logic analyzer, it's caught in a tight loop of
running off in the sticks
>> then jumping back into the exception hander code in
low memory.
>> I can look into this deeper if necessary.
>>

>This sounds like a problem with the RedBoot ELF
loader.  It works fine
>for me, so some investigation would be nice/warranted.

Greg