Re: RedBoot file system code

On Wed, 2002-07-31 at 15:15, Chris LaCivita wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> We are successfully using RedBoot to boot eCos and run our application.  We
> have the need from the application to access the RedBoot file system.  Is
> there code available to just access the file system.  We don't need the
> console, command interpreter, scripting, or network stuff.  I'd hate to have
> to go through the RedBoot source code just to get the file system portion.

Do you mean the FLASH images (FIS)?  The layout of the FIS directory can
be found in .../redboot/current/include/fis.h, with the directory being
stored (typically) in the last FLASH erase block.  Since the images are
just raw images (there's no real file system involved), I'm not sure
what more you might need, except for FLASH drivers, but you should be
able to include those in your eCos program as-is.