Re: Redboot for MBX

--- Gary Thomas <gary@chez-thomas.org> wrote:

> Have you tried to build & run a RAM version?  Make
> sure that works
> first, then look at the ROM problems.

Hmm, the RAM Redboot works fine. But to get the RAM
version to work, the 860 has to be initialized at
least somewhat to get to the RAM.

To be sure I didn't modify anything in the /packages
directory, I just grabbed a CVS snapshot from your web
page, and rebuilt the 8-bit ROM against that. I still
get the machine check at 0xfe0021e8, which is the sync
command right after the MSR is written to turn on
address translation. Line 386 of vectors.S.

I'm using a Vision Ice BDM with SingleStep to download
to RAM and burn the flash.  My mbx is 40mhz, and I'm
using the "_40" version of the ecm files.