Re: Ethernet driver for linux synthetic target available

> Great !
>
> But just to clarify my mind, why should we need another linux kernel
> module since ethertap exists ?

Or even better the generic TUN/TAP driver which obsoletes ethertap.BTW tun
is used as the virtual lowlevel driver by lwip-s unix simulation.
I thought of converting that to ecos/synthetic but got confused by what
can or cannot be safely called from it (execve,blocking read,etc)
And the copyright assignment Andrew mentioned is only needed when you want it
included in 'official' eCos.You can make it publicly available before that.