Re: Changed ecc file format in ecosconfig - how to get the old??

    Jepsen> I have build a new version of ecosconfig from sources
    Jepsen> downloaded yesterday. Compared to version I built about a
    Jepsen> your ago, the format of the ecc file has changed.

    Jepsen> The old format has a lot of comments in it, which was very
    Jepsen> helpfull when you had to do changes to the ecc file. In
    Jepsen> the new format these comments are removed. Se example
    Jepsen> below.

    Jepsen> Is there any option to ecosconfig, that makes it possible
    Jepsen> to get the old format?

There has been no chance to the ecosconfig/libcdl code in this area
for a very long time. There are two types of savefile: a full savefile
contains all the comments and any other information that would be
useful for hand-editing the data; a minimal savefile only contains the
information needed to recreate the configuration. Full savefiles are
generated by default, minimal savefiles are only generated when you do
e.g. an ecosconfig export.

Within the libcdl implementation, the important function is

  void CdlConfigurationBody::save(std::string, bool = false);

ecosconfig invokes this via

  config->save(savefile);

(except in the implementation of the export command). Unless something
in libcdl or ecosconfig is getting miscompiled, e.g. the wrong value
is being used for the default argument, I do not see how you can get
the behaviour you describe.

Bart