Re: Multicast support for i82559 Ethernet Driver

On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 06:39, Ramanujan Puranam Tandalam wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are working with the older version of TCP/IP stack (not the Free BSD
> merge)that has been ported from Open BSD. On this we have ported the
> IPv6 stack also from OpenBSD 3.0.
>
> We have modified the if_i82559.c driver for support Multicast, which was
> absent earlier.
>
> We could trace the path till the Ethernet Driver, the problem is when:
>
> 1. We ping the target using ping6, we do not get any update of
> statistics at the Driver level. Neither there is updation of  Rx
> interrrupts, or rx data.
>
> When we ran the FreeBSD stack of eCos, it was working perfectly fine.
>
> Could any one help in giving pointers to the above problem.

So, what's wrong with just using the FreeBSD stack?  It's newer and is
expected to become the only supported [BSD] stack for eCos.  The fact
that we left the older OpenBSD stack around was just for compatibility.

Gary Thomas                  |
eCosCentric, Ltd.            |
+1 (970) 229-1963            |  eCos & RedBoot experts
gthomas@ecoscentric.com      |
http://www.ecoscentric.com/  |