Re: DreamCast and ECOS

    Gregg> What finally happened regarding the Sega DreamCast port of
    Gregg> ECOS, that was discussed on the contributions pages, on the
    Gregg> website? I'd like to actually try it out, but I need to
    Gregg> know a few things, like has anyone actually tried it, or
    Gregg> have the necessary things been added to the ECOS setup?

The code is in the anoncvs repository, target dreamcast, but I have
not tried it myself yet. IIRC the port was done mainly for the sake of
RedBoot, in order to bootstrap Linux. The only startup that seems to
be supported involves burning executables to a CD. That would be fine
for RedBoot, but not exactly ideal for eCos development.

I also have vague memories that the current port was for Dreamcasts
manufactured for the Japanese market, and that you might need to tweak
various clock-related magic numbers to get it to work with US or
European Dreamcasts. Or that may have been another target.

Bart