Re: Problem with adding new packages in windows configuration tool

    AL> I followed the steps at http://www.edesix.com/ecos/ to add a
    AL> new package. In configuration tool, "Build"->"Packages", the
    AL> new RealTek package is in grouup of "Available Packages". When
    AL> trying to add into "Use those Packages", it shows "Add or
    AL> Remove hardware packages by selecting new hardware template".
    AL> The template I chosed is i386 with new_net package.

    AL> The configuration tools i use is 1.3.net ( I tried 2.11 as
    AL> well, it's same)

The edesix instructions don't seem quite right. You need to either
remove the "hardware" property from the ecos.db entry for this
package, i.e. the entry should read just:

    package CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_RLTK_ISA8019AS {
        alias 		{ "RealTek 8019AS ISA PC Board ethernet driver" isa8019as }
        directory	devs/eth/rltk/isa8019as
        script		rltk_isa8019as_eth_drivers.cdl
        description     "Ethernet drivers for RealTek 8019AS based PC ISA boards."
    }

or alternatively you can update the ecos.db entry for "target pc",
adding CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_RLTK_ISA8019AS  to the list of packages
supported on this target.

The "hardware" property specifies that this package is only
appropriate for certain targets, so you could not add it to a
configuration for e.g. an SA1110-based iPAQ. The package needs to be
listed explicitly for every target where it can be supported. Removing
the property would mean that you can add the package to any
configuration, irrespective of the hardware.

Adding the package to "target pc" will cause that package to be loaded
automatically whenever you select that target. I have not looked at
the package itself, so it is possible that it may clash with one of
the other PC ethernet packages. If so you could define a new target
my_pc, cloned from the standard pc target, listing just the drivers
for the hardware actually present.

Bart