cyg_alarm - suggestion for enhancement

Hello,

I was wondering if there would be any interest in enhancing the
cyg_alarm API to include the ability to change the alarm_fn callback
after the alarm has been created.

The motivation for doing this: It would aid programmers in porting from
vxWorks to eCos when they are using watchdogs with vxWorks.

It would be a very simple matter to add this functionality and I will be
happy to do it.

I am uncertain about the procedure though.  Should I make the changes
and then send the patches here, or should I get approval first and then
make the changes?

-Rich