a couple of ARM7 quirks...

With eCos 2.0 on an ARM7 platform (my own HAL), I'm seeing
a couple of strange things that I wonder if others have seen:

1. My HAL_DISABLE_INTERRUPT function works just fine, but
when I attempt to use cyg_interrupt_disable(), interrupts
don't seem to stop. I tried following the code for the
cyg_interrupt_disable() function, but I'm not sure how it
works. This may be a shortcoming of my HAL, but any ideas
on this?

2. Using GDB/Insight, I can see registers, stack, and vars
just fine. However, when I look at the threads window, it
will occasionally "wink out"...  I.e., it's normally filled
with info about my threads, but sometimes when I step through
my code, the theads window will go blank for no apparent reason.
Later on, it will reappear. I'm not sure if this is a sign
that my application is stepping on kernel memory somewhere,
or if my HAL is broken, or that's "normal behavior" for Insight.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
/Jim