Re: Problem with IP Stack ...

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 12:41:23PM +0200, Thomas BINDER wrote:

> I use ecos version 2.0 (from June or Juli).

Quite old. There was a problem in the transmit direction fixed
recently. Could you try this again with an up-to-date version.

Also, please enable asserts in the infra package. Its quite likely an
assert is happening. What/where will help track down the problem.

> As I understand, however, running out of MBUFs should not actually
> crash the system.

Nope, it should not.

The other thing that should happen is ICMP_SQUELCH messages should be
sent from eCos back to your linux host. The linux host should then
slow down the TX of UDP packets. Is this happening? Run tcpdump and
filter for ICMP.

       Andrew