Re: Who's maintaining CVS

On 23 Sep 2002, Gary Thomas wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-09-23 at 08:26, Scott Dattalo wrote:
> >
> > Is it just Mark S. at Redhat?
> >
> > The reason I ask is because there are several patches getting submitted to
> > the ecos-patches mailing list but not all are getting into CVS. (At least
> > the tiny one I sent 2 weeks ago didn't). With this kind of volume, I
> > personally know that it's difficult to manage (you can commit the change
> > easy enough, but testing each and every patch can be *very* time
> > consuming).
>
> There are a number of us trying to manage the public eCos sources.
> AFAIK, Mark is the only one [left] at Red Hat doing so.

And the only one with write access to CVS too, right?

> As for your patches, we try to look at them and commit as we
> can.  Sometimes though, there are issues such as copyright
> assignment, etc, which must be dealt with before anything can
> be merged into the repository.
>
> What patch [exactly] got missed?

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-patches/2002-09/msg00023.html

This is really a minor patch adding register #defines unique to the at91
processors. Please note that I'm not complaining that the patch is not in
CVS. Instead, I'm just concerned/curious that with only one person with
write access to CVS that patches are going to slip through the cracks.

> Testing?  I don't think that there is a whole lot of testing
> which can take place at this time - certainly not to the level
> that existed 6 months ago.

I suspected as much. However, with the variety of platforms supported by
eCos, I don't see how it's possible to test everything everytime a new
patch is submitted.

Scott