Re: Disabling an host package

    >> Which USB kernel module are you talking about here?
    Andrew> io/usb/slave/current/host

    >> The code in io/usb/slave/current/host should not have any unusual
    >> requirements.
    >>
    >> Hmmm, except that there are #include's for <linux/usb.h> and
    >> <linux/usbdevice_fs.h>. If you are still running a 2.2. kernel without
    >> the USB backport then those headers may not exist. OK, I'll add some
    >> autoconf tests for those.

    Andrew> Yep, Linux 2.2.19

    Andrew> /export/home/lunn/ecos/packages/io/usb/slave/current/host/usbhost.c:86: linux/usb.h: No such file or directory
    Andrew> /export/home/lunn/ecos/packages/io/usb/slave/current/host/usbhost.c:87: linux/usbdevice_fs.h: No such file or directory

OK, I have checked in a configury update that checks for these
headers and does the right thing.

    Andrew> I also have problems with packages/devs/eth/synth/ecosynth/current/host:

    Andrew> /export/home/lunn/ecos/packages/devs/eth/synth/ecosynth/current/host/rawether.c:66: linux/if_tun.h: No such file or directory

    Andrew> The tun interface is a 2.4 thing.

Are you sure? According to the documentation I have seen tuntap was
added in the 2.2 days. Does your system have a loadable module
drivers/net/tun.o?

It is possible that things were changed at the header file level
between 2.2 and 2.4. The functionality I need from
if_tun.h is the ioctl TUNSETIFF and the flags IFF_TAP and IFF_NO_PI.
Could you do a quick rgrep through /usr/include to see if these are
#define'd in another header?

Bart