Re: Re: sid uart1 displays hex output

On Tue, 2002-09-24 at 06:50, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> Hi -
>
> On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 06:28:40PM -0700, T Satish Kumar wrote:
> > Hi,
> > When i run the program using the sid. i get the output in the form of
> > hex code on the System monitor's uart1 output window pane !
> >    How can i get to see the output in its original format i.e for eg:
> > if the output to be displayed is "Hello" in the printf() function..
> > the uart1 window pane displays 48656C6C6F
> > [...]
>
> It turns out that this question rightfully belongs to eCos, not to SID.
> The eCos libraries sometimes believe that they have a console connection
> to GDB instead of a raw tty, and therefore encode output in gdb's remote
> protocol $O packets.  You need to tell eCos not to do this encoding for
> console output.  I don't recall how to do this - it may be an ecosconfig
> option.

This program (eCos application?) thinks that this output is being handled
by GDB.  Turn it off by disabling CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR and rebuilding
the application.

Gary Thomas                  |
eCosCentric, Ltd.            |
+1 (970) 229-1963            |  eCos & RedBoot experts
gthomas@ecoscentric.com      |
http://www.ecoscentric.com/  |